….is the major modern illness. Stress affects every system in your body, some increase in activity, others stop working. Why is this? Because Nature is a wonderful system designer and has created Stress as the body’s response to an emergency, only to be used sparingly. If you are a zebra being chased by a lion, you don’t want to waste energy digesting food, killing germs in your body or thinking of reproduction. These are some of the systems that shut down whilst others like your heart, lungs, musculoskeletal system, all get turbo charged to fulfil the demands on your body. This is how our systems prepare us to either fight or take flight – it helps usstay alive.
Unfortunately, modern pressures on us e.g Coronavirus, has meant that we are using this special survival system all the time. This is leading to exhaustion, hyper activity or complete shutdown and you might begin to experience some/all of the following:
- Physical pain e.g. headaches, teeth grinding, neck and shoulder tightness, back pain – the musculoskeletal system is stuck
- Lack of concentration, unexplained irritability, lack of energy, insomnia, nightmares – the brain is exhausted, stuck on overdrive
- High blood pressure – cardiovascular system in over drive
- Asthma, difficulty breathing – lungs not functioning properly
- IBS – digestive system is malfunctioning
- Erectile dysfunction / menstrual problems – the reproductive system is struggling
- Unexplained infections that refuse to go away – immune system is dysfunctional
Click here to see other effects of stress and also how stress, anxiety and physical pain are connected.
When symptoms are treated individually e.g b-blockers for high blood pressure; steroids for asthma; antibiotics for infections; co-codamol and ibuprofen for physical aches and pains; anti depressants and anti epileptic drugs for migraines and other headaches, only the effects are being dealt with, leaving the cause –STRESS – unaddressed.
This is where the FiXme Way is so radically different.
Our multi disciplinary team treat YOU, the whole person and not just your presenting symptoms. Using an integrated multi-modal approach, we address both the effects and the cause(s) of your problems. This ensures long lasting results, reduces dependency and gives you back control of your own well being.
If this appeals, please give us a call….