At the age of 15, my family and I were evicted from Uganda by the despot Idi Amin. Suddenly we were homeless. The following years were traumatic with challenging cultural, social and educational landscapes to navigate. The stress of exodus led to my father’s death at age 55 – he died of a massive cardiac arrest. The effect of this stress on me took a different form: I became emotionally disconnected and made some terrible decisions. It also took its toll on my physical body – I suffered a prolapsed disc when I was pregnant with my first child. This remained undiagnosed for several years, leading to a great deal of emotional and physical pain. Finally, a McTimoney Chiropractor, Deep Tissue Massage Therapist and Energy Healer got me pain free.
That’s’ when I decided to train in all these modalities to provide a similar service to other women who were being turned away and asked to live with their pain.
For the last 20 years, I have been helping women manage their pain and stress.
During the Pandemic, I provided on-line support to my clients in stress management, Mindfulness and pain management. As the official figures show, women have been severely affected by the Pandemic so I now also lead Stress Management Workshops especially geared to Women.
My education and training includes
- Stress Management Trainer with the Stress Management Society – accredited by Institute of Leadership Accreditation
- Clinical Hypnotherapy – London College of Clinical Hypnotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Psychology – University of Reading
- MSc Behavioural Neurophysiology – University of London
- Diploma in Chiropractic – McTimoney College, Abingdon
- Ergonomics – University of Surrey
- Bereavement Volunteer with CRUSE Bereavement Care
There is nothing standard or theoretical in my approach, it is entirely outcome focused. As some guru said: doing the same thing and expecting different results is a sign of insanity. So you and I will work together to help you achieve important physical, emotional and behavioural changes to facilitate your recovery from Stress/Anxiety/Trauma related issues. Sometimes the journey to unravelling the problem can be a painful one, but if you want to truly clear the decks, then this pain is required…otherwise, stay with the pill cocktail you currently are on.
Organisations I am a member of include:
- British Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists
- Federation of Holistic Therapists
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council