….is the major modern illness. Stress affects every system in your body, some increase in activity, others stop working. Why is this? Because Nature is a wonderful system designer and has created Stress as the body’s response to an emergency, only to be used sparingly. It is a system that prepares you to either fight or take flight – it helps you stay alive.
Now, when you use this special survival system all the time, the systems are either exhausted or go into complete shutdown – this is when you begin to experience some of the following:
- Physical pain e.g. headaches, teeth grinding, neck and shoulder tightness, back pain – the musculoskeletal system is stuck
- Lack of concentration, unexplained irritability, lack of energy, insomnia, nightmares – the brain is exhausted, stuck on overdrive
- High blood pressure – cardiovascular system behaving erratically
- Asthma, difficulty breathing – lungs not functioning properly
- IBS – digestive system is malfunctioning
- Erectile dysfunction / menstrual problems – the reproductive system is shutting down
- Unexplained infections that refuse to go away – immune system is dysfunctional
Click here to see other effects of stress and also how stress, anxiety and physical pain are connected.
So, when symptoms are treated individually e.g b-blockers for high blood pressure; steroids for asthma; antibiotics for infections; co-codamol and ibuprofen for physical aches and pains; anti depressants and anti epileptic drugs for migraines and other headaches, only the effects are being dealt with, leaving the cause –STRESS – unaddressed.
This is where The FiXme Way is so radically different.
I treat YOU, the whole person and not just your presenting symptoms. Using either physical therapy or hypnotherapy or a combination of both together with Mindfulness, we address both the effects and the cause of your problems. This ensures long lasting results, reduces dependency and gives you back control of your own well being.
If this appeals, please give me a call….